Temporary Chief Quality Assurance Lead
Kinder Morgan Canada is seeking a Chief Quality Assurance Lead for the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project (TMEP). In operation since 1953, the Trans Mountain Pipeline spans 1,150 kilometers from Edmonton, Alberta to Burnaby, British Columbia with a capacity of the 300,000 barrels per day. Kinder Morgan Canada recently affirmed the Final Investment Decision and announced its plans to proceed with its proposed expansion of the existing Trans Mountain Pipeline system. TMEP is approximately a $7.4B project to increase the capacity of the Trans Mountain Pipeline System by completing the twinning of the existing pipeline.
The Chief Quality Assurance Lead will be accountable to the VP, TMEP and Execution Directors in executing the design development and construction of the pipeline and facilities for Trans Mountain Expansion Project.
The Chief Quality Assurance Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparing and reviewing scoping documents to ensure all aspects of quality control and assurance requirements in the contractors’ scope of work are properly being captured.
- Support the execution Directors (Pipeline and LM / Facilities) in development of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and ensuring that the quality control aspects of Construction Execution have been properly addressed within the plan developed by the construction contractor and are aligned with the TMEP Quality Management Plan.
- Coordinate technical input / scope of work into bid packages.
- Interface with TMEP Engineering Director, discipline engineering leads and operations representatives to provide direction / guidance to engineering contractors on design development quality control and assurance issues ensuring that TMEP technical and operations requirements are being met.
- Interface with the TMEP Engineering Director and discipline engineering team leads responsible for design integrity to ensure all code, regulatory, standard and specification requirements are being met.
- Overseeing overall quality assurance monitoring of EPC and GCC contractors’ progress, performance, and non-conformance and mitigation actions to ensure alignment with TMEP quality objectives; confirming quality control records and deliverables for all TMEP sub projects.
- Lead a team of quality inspection professionals in supporting the overall execution and in particular construction execution.
- Assurance of contractors’ compliance with the total quality control and regulatory requirements and commitments.
- Present specific quality plans and progress status updates to project stakeholders.
- Review TMEP quality management plan and contractors project specific proposed quality plans to ensure TMEP requirements and commitments are properly being addressed.
- Ensuring QA/ QC document management and lifecycle information requirements are being met through all phases of project execution.
- Develop and implement an audit program that addresses engineering, supplier and construction work scope.
- Oversee the project joining program.
- Minimum 20 years of experience in QA / QC in construction execution of the major projects on Owner and EPC projects,
- Familiar with relevant Canadian and International codes and standards, welding
- Specifications and procedures,
- Excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of work processes within very large projects throughout all project phases from concept development to detailed design, construction and commissioning.
- Develop a trustworthy and honest working relationship with the VP, TMEP and Directors to ensure alignment in delivering on project objectives and meeting expectations.
- Proven multitasking skills and can work under extreme pressure.
- Excellent analytical and computational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Disciplined and focused behavior to ensure that all actions are aligned with the overall execution plans, strategies and leadership direction given for the project.
- Possess Engineering degree or Technologist degree in mechanical or metallurgical particularly in pipeline, equipment, piping areas,
- Highly skilled in quality inspection directing and managing a large quality team,
- Expert in material selection, metallurgical suitability and corrosion mitigation,
- Experienced in quality management / surveillance audits for multiple major projects.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online www.kindermorgan.com/pages/work/careers/job_postings.aspx Job ID #: 15198
28 total views, 2 today