YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Electrician in the Maintenance Department. Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Services and working as a member of a cross functional team, the successful candidate will perform all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on various systems within the Airport Authority Buildings and Assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Repairing and maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment including:
- Generator sets
- Lighting systems
- Passenger loading bridges
- Switchgear and transformers
- Automatic control systems
- Airfield lighting
Key qualifications include:
- BC Trade Qualification as an Electrician; preference will be given to persons with dual ticketed trades
- Demonstrated ability to make safety a top priority
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently, with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and customer focused
- Valid BC driver’s license
Shift work is required as the Maintenance Department operates on a 24-hour basis.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
32 total views, 1 today