Full-Time Japanese Cook Position at BON SUSHI
Employer: Bon Sushi (OAK BAY), –Victoria, B.C.
Bon Sushi (OAK BAY), one of well-known authentic Japanese Restaurant at 1467 Hampshire RD, Victoria, B.C. is looking for an experienced Japanese Cook, who is competent and has passion for Japanese food.
We are seeking someone who can promote our restaurant through cooking skills. Along with holding a FOODSAFE Certificate, a candidate should have a previous working experience in Cooking. Acts as a Japanese Cook, he / she will directly assist our main chef’s heavy duty at the kitchen.
Position: Japanese Cook
Wage: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour (Depending on working experience)
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Position Available: 1
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacations per year
- Successfully completed at least secondary education required. Post-secondary education in cooking related field (preferred, but not mandatory).
- At least 1 year of work experience of Cooking (Working experience of Japanese Restaurant in an English environment is not a mandatory requirement, but a good asset).
- Comfortable in an open-kitchen and interacting with customers / Passion for food quality and presentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment (Event and Catering and etc.)
- FOODSAFE Certificate
- “Can-do” attitude is a must.
- Working as a team to ensure food quality during the fast paced kitchen environment.
- Fluent in English (Working knowledge)
- As all members at our kitchen are involved in menu innovation, optimization of operations, and joining together to bring better food and service, with our main head chef and kitchen staffs, the right candidate should prepare food and mis-en-place for every customer visiting our store; Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food; Assist the head chef to manage inventory of food items and beverages; Since many of our food items are law fish, he / she should be able to adapt menu dishes to accommodate customers with food allergies; In charge of preparing food equipment for service; In order to maintain the quality of our food, every kitchen staff, including this Cook candidate should clean kitchen and work area after the kitchen is closed; Fill in or assist the head chef.
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of: Full-time Japanese Cook Position. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
** Bon Sushi (OAK BAY), hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority**
How to ApplyPlease e-mail us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of: Full-time Japanese Cook Position.
54 total views, 1 today