Temporary Manager, Innovative Travel Solutions (Term) – Innovative Travel Solutions Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a full-time, acting assignment/term opportunity (to September 2018) for a Manager, Innovative Travel Solutions. Reporting to the Director, Innovative Travel Solutions (ITS), the successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership for ITS’ products (including software and hardware) and supporting operations for 36+ customers (and growing). He/she will have oversight of all existing and new product functions and will collaborate with the leadership team within the ITS group to ensure that the Authority’s values and guiding principles are demonstrated through service, quality product development, delivery and support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership to the technical team by promoting regular opportunities for staff to innovate, turn challenges into opportunities, and provide constructive input on strategic and business planning efforts and program operations
- Providing updates to the ITS leadership team, and reporting on group and process performance against objectives
- Directing internal and external software development teams, and holding teams accountable for stated objectives and deadlines and ensuring deliverables are provided on-time and in accordance with relevant project plans
- Providing direction to the technical team which includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
- Leading, defining, representing and communicating a product strategy and vision in line with ITS’ medium and long-term goals and industry/customer requirements
- Assessing product development and identifying opportunities to enhance products or create new solutions/products to meet customer needs
- Assessing customer and stakeholder requirements and developing project plans to implement those requirements
- Creating and implementing plans to document and retain group knowledge, including customer support issue resolutions, quality assurance processes and industry best practices
- Working with multiple government immigration authorities and other third parties to obtain requirements and manage a multi-function team to provide a customized solution unique to a country
- In consultation with the management team, document any new intellectual property rights (patents, copyright or otherwise) in order to grow ITS’ commercial portfolio
Key qualifications include:
- At least five years’ managerial experience in a fast paced commercial IT development and sales environment or similar experience supplemented by education and work experience
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, or other related discipline
- Thorough understanding of product management methodologies and demonstrated ability to deliver products, from the development to sales stage
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence, strategize, and identify creative and innovative solutions that address and mitigate challenges
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills; anticipatory and strategic in every aspect of the role
- Knowledge working within an Agile Development Cycle is preferred
- Ability to work largely independently of the Director in troubleshooting issues and identifying potential solutions
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
41 total views, 1 today