Full-Time Millwright – Baggage Operations Department
The Vancouver Airport Authority has permanent, full-time opportunities for Millwrights in the Baggage Operations Department. The successful candidates will be part of a multi-trade crew, and part of a broader multi-disciplinary Baggage Operations Team which is accountable for delivering the YVR baggage product to our airline customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Repairing and maintaining mechanical aspects of the YVR baggage systems
- Performing all aspects of preventative maintenance on Airport Authority baggage systems and assets in order to ensure systems are available and are in good operating condition to process airline checked baggage
Key qualifications include:
- A BC Trade Qualification as a Millwright and/or Mechanic; preference will be given to persons with dual ticketed trades
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and customer focused with a demonstrated ability to make safety a top priority
- A valid BC driver’s license
Shift work is required.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
The Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. If required, we are able to provide reasonable accommodations persons with a disability throughout the selection process.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
45 total views, 1 today