Temporary Project Controls Specialist, Facilities
Kinder Morgan Canada is seeking a Project Controls Specialist, Facilities for the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project (TMEP). In operation since 1953, the Trans Mountain Pipeline spans 1,150 kilometers from Edmonton, Alberta to Burnaby, British Columbia with a capacity of the 300,000 barrels per day. Kinder Morgan Canada recently affirmed the Final Investment Decision and announced its plans to proceed with its proposed expansion of the existing Trans Mountain Pipeline system. TMEP is approximately a $7.4B project to increase the capacity of the Trans Mountain Pipeline System by completing the twinning of the existing pipeline.
Reporting to the Senior Project Controller, the Project Controls Specialist, Facilities will be responsible for the conversion of cost estimate information to control budgets, maintenance of forecast changes for Edmonton and Pump Station scope and assistance with project controls of engineering through detailed design. The Project Controls Specialist, Facilities will provide notification to project management and project controls on scope and cost changes within the facilities area of the project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for execution of cost control program in accordance with Project Execution Plan.
- Monitor cost and schedule for detailed design.
- Assist with assessment cost and schedule review of bid proposals
- Review and recommend approval of progress payments for contractors.
- Identify trends and develop/recommend mitigation as necessary.
- Preparation of monthly accruals
- Preparation of additional monthly cost and progress reports
- University Degree required and certification with with AACE considered an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in project controls for an owner company within the midstream energy industry
- Extensive knowledge of petroleum pipeline systems and related facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in major projects with budgets in excess of $600 million.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of project professionals.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced skills in Excel and working knowledge of Prism G2 or similar cost control systems.
- Strong communication and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online www.kindermorgan.com/pages/work/careers/job_postings.aspx Job ID #: 15294
32 total views, 1 today