Temporary Systems Development Analyst
Kinder Morgan Canada has created an environment where original thinking and the broad application of experience are encouraged. We seek candidates who wish to expand their horizons, who will thrive in our open style management, while sharing our commitment to pipeline safety, environmental responsibility and organizational excellence. We are poised for a future dominated by expansion, activity and excitement.
Are you an individual that has been looking for an opportunity where you will be able to take the lead? Where the opportunity exists to expand your career? If you have a combination of pipeline industry experience, technical expertise, successful delivery of projects and excellent communications skills, you are definitely someone we want to talk to.
The Systems Development Analyst (6 month term) will be responsible for improving the capability, effectiveness and efficiency of business processes through the provision of information systems that provide automated functionality. The individual will also ensure information systems continue to function and add value through day to day maintenance, support, enhancement, troubleshooting and upgrading as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with the business to understand business requirements and determine, develop and implement technical solutions to meet business requirements. Solutions may be in-house developed or purchased packages.
- Provides support for the continuing operations of applications systems, including troubleshooting and resolving of system issues, and managing the impact of infrastructure and system related upgrades.
- Understands the business processes and functions of the business area
- Effectively communicates with business partners and the IS&T team
- Understands and uses corporate standards, processes and procedures
- Clearly documents system solutions, system architecture and business processes
- Understands the company technology infrastructure and works within that infrastructure when deploying information systems
- 5 years or more of related work experience.
- Post secondary degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with application systems analysis, architecture, design, and development.
- Business analysis experience – understanding the business domain, drawing out requirements, communicating, managing expectations and documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with operational support of application systems using development and maintenance best practices
- Strong technical background in .NET web development (specifically ASP.NET and C#) and .NET best practices
- Strong knowledge of SQL and SQL Server
- Expertise in Business Intelligence SSAS, SSRS and PowerBI would be an asset
- Expertise in architecting, configuring and supporting Sharepoint sites would be an asset
- Works well independently, but within the framework of existing systems and standards
- Is comfortable digging into a variety of existing systems to enhance and support them.
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong organizational skills and communication skills
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online at https://www.kindermorgan.com/work/careers/job_postings.aspx
26 total views, 3 today