Full-Time Airside Safety Officer – Airside Operations Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for an Airside Safety Officer in the Airside Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Airside Operations, and representing the Airport Authority and Airside Operations Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of aircraft and vehicle operations in the airside environment. This key decision-making and results-driven role provides resolution to safety and operational issues, coordinates airside activities, and responds to airside emergencies.
The results of this competition may be applied to any Airside Safety Officer positions that become available as a result of filling the permanent, full-time position noted in this posting. If no additional vacancies immediately arise within the Airside Safety Officer classification, future vacancies will be posted accordingly.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining regulatory compliance and aviation standards by ensuring that airside inspections are conducted and documented appropriately and that the airport’s safety and security programs are carried out in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards
- Reporting and documenting any new hazards/incidents; resolving airside operational issues including undertaking situational analyses and risk assessments, coordinating the appropriate actions, and communicating and documenting the results
- Responding to all airport emergency situations while mitigating operational impacts in order to maintain safe, secure and efficient operations; this includes taking a lead role in the Incident Command System structure
- Responding to, or delegating response to, situations to mitigate potential safety, security and operational issues prior to them becoming incidents
- Ensuring plans for construction activity are being conducted as planned, and identifying and communicating any potential changes required to the project
- Performing airside audits of ground handling companies to support the YVR Ground Handling Program
Key qualifications include:
- Two years of relevant aviation and/or airport operations work experience, supplemented by the completion of at least two years’ post-secondary education; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong understanding of situational awareness and safety culture in the Airside Environment
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and confident decision making skills in order to make decisions in a high pressure, time sensitive operational environment
- Solid leadership and mentorship skills with the ability to provide direction and facilitate meetings
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; this includes conflict resolutions and active listening skills, and the ability to maintain diplomacy and integrity while representing the Vancouver Airport Authority
- Strong understanding and execution of:
- ICAO and TP312 Aerodrome Standards and Recommended Practices
- YVR Emergency Management Plans, Airport Operations Manual (AOM), Security Management Plan, Safety Management System and Wildlife Plan
- Aircraft Operations – theory of flight, aircraft propulsion systems and aircraft identification
- Canadian Aviation Regulations Part III Aerodromes
- Must possess a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and have the ability to obtain a “D” with free-range Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP)
Shift and weekend work are required.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
54 total views, 2 today