Temporary Certification Adjudicator, RHFAC
Term: One year, August 1, 2018 (preferred start date) – July 31, 2019
Location: RHF Office in Richmond, BC or Option to Work Remotely
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
- Understands quickly and fully the application of the RHFAC rating system by:
- successfully completing the Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Assessor Training course;
- passing the RHFAC Professional examination facilitated by the CSA Group; and
- Shadowing and undergoing reviews by a senior Certification Adjudicator.
- Reviews submissions by Accessibility Assessors;
- Ensures RHFAC criteria has been accurately and consistently applied to the measuring of access of the site being rated as well as the application of relevant building code, accessibility standards and inclusive design best practices;
- Recommends ratings for certification approval and/or refers back to Accessibility Assessors to amend a submission and provide further clarity before re-adjudicating;
- Processes and manages a large number of rating adjudications in a timely manner;
- Works with and is available as a resource for Accessibility Assessors and other partners to ensure quality ratings. Participates in weekly Q&A sessions with Accessibility Assessors;
- Documents and provides feedback on the RHFAC rating system, and Accessibility Assessors’ use of rating system, resources, tools and adjudication processes;
- Recruits, trains and develops standardized procedures for a team of external Certification Adjudicators, as the RHFAC program expands and the demand for adjudication grows; and
- Performs other duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline plus a minimum of 3 years of related experience with the built environment, such as architecture, engineering, construction, urban planning, surveying, facilities management, or accessibility and inclusive design;
- Experience assessing applications and documentation for certification or accreditation preferred;
- Practical knowledge of commonly applied Universal Design principles;
- Knowledge and application of Universal Design strongly preferred; and
- Knowledge or experience with accessibility, individuals with disabilities and/or disability issues preferred.
Ability to apply a rating or certification system to assess and verify for program compliance;
Strong spatial aptitude, with ability to visualize spaces from photos and descriptions;
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively, concisely and tactfully with others through an online platform;
Effective interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills;
Effective computer skills including knowledge of Outlook and ability to learn web-based online systems;
Ability to manage and adjudicate a high volume of RHFAC ratings independently and professionally;
Ability to work independently and remotely;
Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with integrity; and
Strong attention to detail and analytical mindset.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered
How to ApplyRHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work; our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and highly encourage qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us. Interested and qualified candidates can forward their resumes via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition #2018-18 by July 6, 2018. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
512 total views, 1 today