Full-Time Communications Assistant
Neil Squire Society uses technology, knowledge, and passion to empower people with disabilities. Since our beginning, our organization has offered a variety of programs tailored to facilitate social and economic independence for people with disabilities to become full participants of Canadian society. Preference will be given to qualified applicants with a disability.
The Communications Assistant will report directly to the Director of Communications and will work closely with the Communications and Fundraising Team at the National Head office of the Neil Squire Society. The successful applicant will directly assist in implementing and furthering the Social Media and Communications strategy for the Neil Squire Society. They will play a key role in creating content and supporting the distribution of information related to the services and opportunities available through the Neil Squire Society.
- Interview clients and produce stories, pictures, and video of people with disabilities that have benefited from Society’s services
- Maintain all social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) including creating/curating content relevant to our audience, as well as monitoring comments and feedback
- Stay abreast of events, conferences, and activities, and create content (pictures, video, written) for the Society’s website and social media accounts
- Maintain the Society’s website and blog using WordPress
- Assist with the creation of an internal procedure document for the communications department
- Assist with the production of the Society’s newsletters using MailChimp
- Assist with the monitoring, tracking, and reporting of all media activities including newsletters, press releases, internal blog posts, social media, YouTube videos, and external press
- Create marketing materials such as brochure, flatsheets, ads, and the Annual Report using Adobe Illustrator and ensuring the accessibility of these materials
- Regularly observe the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”
- Use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Society’s web presence and activities
- Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach
- Participate and host booths at external community events.
- Order and track promotional items
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a media-related field or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proficient user of mainstream social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and Hootsuite
- Proficient user of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchip, and some basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics is an asset
- Experience with basic video editing, and photography experience is an asset
- Experience working in a team environment and/or work with non-profits
- Work Schedule: 30 to 37.5 hours a week. Opportunity for flexible work hours.
- Salary range: Competitive
- Posting Closing Date: September 18th, 2017
How to ApplyPlease forward a resume and cover letter indicating Communications Assistant to the attention of the Director of Communications. Email or fax resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax - 604-473-9364Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply.
134 total views, 1 today