Full-Time Communications Specialist, Graphic Design – Marketing and Communications Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Communications Specialist, Graphic Design in the Marketing and Communications Department. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, the successful candidate will provide communications, media relations, and marketing and graphic design services in support of the Airport Authority’s strategic business objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing specific graphic support in collateral for hub marketing and development including ad campaigns, social media applications, community ads and presentations
- Developing and executing cooperative marketing campaigns for internal departments and external partners
- Acting as a brand steward for YVR and leading “Brand School” to ensure all Airport Authority employees are informed on brand guidelines
- Providing graphic design support to the President and the Executive Committee in presentations and speeches
- Providing media relations services such as: responding to general media requests for information and photos; determining media responses to contentious issues; and coordinating media interviews with members of the Executive Committee and management team
- Participating in crisis communications planning and training, and being an active participant in crisis response and issues management
- Developing marketing and communications plans for various Airport Authority initiatives that help drive and support company objectives
- Carrying media phone during off hours and responding as needed
- Supporting the planning and execution of media, corporate and community events
- Liaising with external agencies for support, creative requirements and activations
Key qualifications include:
- At least six years’ recent, related experience in marketing, public relations, journalism or corporate communications, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Second language, especially Mandarin and Cantonese, an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of the full Adobe Suite including Photoshop and InDesign, and experience with design, layout and graphic standards
- Ability to design fresh and new on brand creative
- Ability to build and manage key relationships
- Proven experience with the use of social media tools and metrics including: Twitter, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Proven experience in video filming, production and editing
- Working knowledge of and experience with web back-end systems such as HTML and WordPress
- Ability to deal confidently with media
- Exceptional skills in professional writing (corporate, media and web based) including ability to target communications to different audiences to fulfil specific purposes
- Experience with speech writing and preparing presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential material at the most discreet level
- Solid organizational, planning and logistical skills for event planning
- Strong understanding of working in an 24/7 operational environment
On occasion, you will be required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
This position is open to Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
42 total views, 1 today