Temporary Construction Coordinator – Night Shift, Terminals
Kinder Morgan one of the largest pipeline and terminals companies in North America is currently in the biggest capital program phase in the company’s history. The Canadian division of the Terminal’s business unit, Kinder Morgan Canada Terminals (KMCT) is part of this significant growth phase, focusing on liquids terminal and rail infrastructure projects in Canada and the northern tier U.S. KMCT is excited to announce an expansion project called Base Line Terminal. The project is a crude oil storage terminal in Edmonton, Alberta with commissioning expected to begin in the third quarter of 2017. The Base Line Terminal will provide Kinder Morgan unparalleled connectivity to sources of crude oil in the Edmonton area. We are seeking people who are enthusiastic and desire a challenging and rewarding career with North America’s foremost energy infrastructure company where opportunities for personal and professional development are both varied and plentiful.
The responsibilities of the Construction Coordinator will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the work is executed safely and efficiently while meeting all environmental and quality requirements,
- Execute construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, area and discipline wise construction budget, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
- Responsible for managing processes, planning, organizing and managing resources achieve on time execution of assigned projects.
- Prepare documents associated with construction and project management
- Assisting and coordinating tenders
- Develop project plans and manage execution to ensure intended deadlines, budget, and deliverables are achieved.
- Ensure disciplined execution through milestone identification, follow-up, and escalation.
- Monitor improvement projects from start to completion and provide support as needed.
- Ensure visibility through project team meetings, stakeholder calls, and regular updates to communicate status of project to key stakeholders and regional leadership team.
- Responsible for consulting with external groups and managing vendors for project related activities
- Identify and communicate risks to completion of project including drafting mitigation plans
- Ensure that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained by contractors and construction team
- Monitor construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, area and discipline wise construction budget, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
- Evaluate the construction contractors plan to attain schedule milestones and monitor progress to ensure conformance with the construction plan.
- Provides input for the development of project integrated schedules as project progresses while coordinating with the construction team.
- Reviews design scope and approach with regard to constructability and submit recommendations for changes to enhance productivity.
- Remains knowledgeable of and acts as a leader with KMCT safety policies and procedures and project work rules.
- Requires 20+ years of project field experience in any discipline and site planning experience in the oil & gas facilities with good understanding of tank terminal projects.
- Effectively manage construction contracts.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, capable of performing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and person with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online at https://www.kindermorgan.com/work/careers/job_postings.aspx
36 total views, 1 today