One of well-known authentic Japanese Restaurant offering Aburi Oshi Sushi (literally ‘pressed sushi’) to local Vancouver community is looking for an experienced Japanese Cook who is competent and has passion for both Japanese food & restaurant management.
Along with the expanding our business in BC, opening second location in Burnaby, we, Green Leaf Sushi Cafe are welcoming more and more customers each day. It is always pleasure to meet many customers, but at the same time, our store staff members are handling a heavy load of work, and we are deeply short staffed. As our mission is ‘offering highest quality of Japanese Sushi & Service to every customer in a reasonable price, in order to better assist our customers, we need someone who can support our head chef & kitchen staffs’ heavy duty at the restaurant.
Position: Japanese Cook
Wage: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour (Depending on working experience)
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Location : 3416 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6R 2B3
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Position Available: 1
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacations per year
- Successfully completed at least secondary education required. Post-secondary education in cooking related field (preferred, but not mandatory).
- At least several years of work experience of Cooking (Working experience of Japanese restaurant in an English environment is not a mandatory requirement, but a good asset).
- Comfortable in an open-kitchen and interacting with customers / Passion for foods qualify and presentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment (Event and Catering and etc.)
- “Can-do” attitude is a must
- Working as a team to ensure food quality during the fast paced kitchen environment.
- Since every staff members (including Cook) will directly deal with English Speaking customers, the candidate should demonstrate the proven Working English Ability.
- As all members at our kitchen are involved in menu innovation, optimization of operations, and joining together to bring a better food and service, with our main head chef and kitchen staffs, the right candidate should prepare food and mis-en-place for every customer visiting our store;
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food;
- Assist the head chef to manage inventory of food items and beverages;
- Since many of our food items are raw fish, he / she should be able to adapt menu dishes to accommodate customers with food allergies;
- In charge of preparing food equipment for service;
- In order to maintain the quality of our food, every kitchen staff, including this Cook candidate should clean kitchen and work area after the kitchen is closed;
- Fill in or assist the head chef.
How to ApplyPlease e-mail us your resume and cover letter to (Greenleafsushi2015@gmail.com) with the subject line of: Full-time Cook position. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted. Inquiries: e-mail only please. ** Green Leaf Sushi Café hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority**
132 total views, 2 today