This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer: Ole Wings & Tapas
Located in downtown Robson Street, Vancouver, Ole Wings & Tapas has brought the best selection of authentic Korean style fried chicken and Asian cuisine with a touch of global influence in a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Currently, we are seeking someone who can promote our restaurant through cooking skills. Acts as a Cook, he / she will directly assist our main chef’s heavy duty at the kitchen.
Wage: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour (Depending on working experience)
Working hours: 40 hours per week (Available Evenings and Night Times)
Terms of Employment: Full-time (Permanent)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Working Location: 1256 Robson Street, Vancouver, B.C. Canada, V6E 1C1
Position Available: 1
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacations per year
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks OR Completion of college or other program in cooking or food safety OR Several years of commercial cooking experience are required;
- Comfortable to interact with customers in an open-kitchen and has passion for food quality and presentation;
- Able to work under pressure as a team player in a busy kitchen atmosphere;
- Able to communicate in English.
- Prepare and cook a variety of authentic Korean fried chicken, including Salt & Pepper, Garlic Soy, Yang Nyum (Korean Style Sweet Chili), Spicy Soy, Serrano Pepper & Lemon Ginger Soy and Green Onion with Mustard Soy Dressing;
- Assist the main chef to develop menus and to manage inventory of food items;
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances;
- With ensuring a meal quality for customers, the candidate will work under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for customers’ food orders;
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized
- Reports any kitchen equipment not in good working order to the main chef to make sure that the kitchen remains safe and hazard free;
- Assist the main chef to train & to supervise kitchen staff members
How to ApplyPlease e-mail us your resume and cover letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line of ‘Attention Ole wings & tapas: Cook Position’ Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted. Inquiries: e-mail only please. **We welcome diversity and encourage applications from visible minorities group members, woman, indigenous persons, person with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
59 total views, 1 today