Temporary Employment Advisor – Human Resources Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a full-time, acting assignment/term opportunity (two year) for an Employment Advisor. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, with day-to-day accountability to the (senior) Employment Advisor, the successful candidate is a forward thinking, enthusiastic Human Resources practitioner who will be accountable for supporting the attraction, selection and retention of outstanding employees.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting full-cycle recruitment including: establishing requirements; building applicant pools; developing sourcing strategies; short listing candidates; evaluating candidates; managing candidates throughout the recruitment cycle; and negotiating offers
- Supporting the co-op, student and unpaid practicum student recruitment portfolio; this includes building relationships with post-secondary institution co-op offices, career centres and faculty representatives
- Coaching managers on recruitment and selection issues
- Assisting in the development and implementation of recruitment strategies
- Representing the Airport Authority at career fairs and other events
- Participating in other projects, within HR and corporate-wide, as required
Key qualifications include:
- Two to five years’ experience in recruitment, preferably in a corporate environment, with a proven ability to build and maintain talent pools and pipelines, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or a related field (concentration in Human Resource Management is a plus); or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Recruitment experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- Awareness of the current labour market and demonstrated skills at developing recruitment strategies that support business requirements
- General knowledge of Canada Labour Code and regulations that impact federally regulated entities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to build solid relationships and work collaboratively with subject matter experts in various fields and at different levels within the organization
- Proficient with MS Office and comfortable with spreadsheets/data analysis, ATS (experience with Taleo TBE preferred) and HRIS (preferably Success Factors)
- Proven experience managing multiple tasks and competing demands in a high volume environment within tight timelines
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
11 total views, 1 today