Full-Time Food Service Supervisor
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Bean Around the World Coffee VGH located at Vancouver General Hospital is looking for a Food Service Supervisor who is responsible for assisting the store manager in maintaining a positive environment, which provides fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a top-quality-experience for both our customers and team members. Food Service Supervisor assists in training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices. This position directly supervises the baristas and acts as the manager on duty in the absence of the store manager.
Employer Name: Duchess Designs Ltd. (D.B.A. Bean around the world Coffee VGH)
Work Location: 820 W 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9
Position Title: Food Service Supervisor
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Estimated Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Available: 1
Wage: $14.00-$15.00 per hour
Working Hours: 40 hours per week (Including early morning)
Benefit: 2 weeks of paid vacation per year & Tips
- High school graduation is required.
- Several years of work experience in food service industry required or Completion of a community college program in food service administration, restaurant management are required.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines, exercise initiative and work with a diverse work force.
- Effective oral and written communication along with organizational skills are required.
- Ability to deal calmly with emergencies; attention to detail, combination of sitting, standing and walking required.
- Professional knowledge in coffee and teas would be an asset.
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked environment and when necessary assists in the distribution of product shipments.
- Performs all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Corporate Office as necessary.
- Establishes effective and positive communication amongst all team members.
- Assists store manager in maintaining proper coverage and team member schedules ensuring that the store maintains customer service standards and team members adhere to meal and break policy.
- Assists store manager in planning and executing all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
- Assists store manager to estimate and order ingredients and supplies as required in the production, preparation, and sales presentation of various food and beverage items.
- Will provide guidance and actively set an example for team members, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures, store policies, merchandising and cleanliness standards are maintained and followed.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazard, operational inconsistencies and team member incidents to the store manager in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Provide coaching and training to baristas on performance expectations.
How to ApplyPlease e-mail us your resume and cover letter to Jun-young Bok (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line of ‘Food Service Supervisor Position - Bean around the world VGH’. We hire on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. *All qualified candidates who are authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
77 total views, 1 today