Full-Time GIS Specialist – Engineering Services Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time GIS Specialist in the Engineering Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Services, the successful candidate will work with the other GIS Specialist to be responsible for planning, managing and maintaining the GIS data and webGIS applications. He or she will oversee maintenance and integrations of locations in other software (i.e., Maximo, Propworks, CAD and GIS).
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and overseeing GIS changes and integrations which includes working with webGIS users and users of the data to ensure that their requirements for the GIS can be achieved in an effective manner
- Designing and creating maps for internal and external use.
- Providing training and support for the webGIS system which will include leading classroom and one-on-one training for a variety of Airport Authority staff
- Managing the GIS system by ensuring that all of the changes that happen during construction are imported into the GIS in a systematic and accurate way, as well as, developing systems so that attribute information for important elements within the GIS can be effectively added from as-builts and field surveys
- Designing, building and running import scripts that takes data from the CAD environment and combines it with data from other sources to create or update GIS datasets
Key qualifications include:
- At least 4 years’ recent, related experience maintaining GIS datasets and GIS systems for a large organization, supplemented by a Bachelor of Technology in GIS or equivalent education; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience using various ESRI ArcGIS desktop software products
- Familiarity with Latitude Geocortex and Safe Software’s FME would be an asset.
- Proven knowledge of computer programming
- Familiarity with land surveying methodology and equipment
- Exceptional customer service skills
This position is open to Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
40 total views, 1 today