Full-Time Job Developer
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that empowers Canadians with disabilities through the use of computer-based assistive technologies, research and development, and various employment programs. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, the Neil Squire Society is presently hiring for their Working Together with Employers & Enhancing Employability (WTEEE) program, a federally funded project.
We are currently seeking a Job Developer to work full-time at our Burnaby Office in our WTEEE program.
Under the direction of the Director, Employment Programs, the Job Developer is responsible for building lasting relationships with local employers to create long term employment opportunities for clients. The Job Developer will also work collaboratively with the WTEEE Case Managers, Career Facilitators and other Job Developers to support clients in securing and maintaining employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with WTEEE team in understanding the needs and occupational goals of clients and implement strategies for securing employment.
- Prepare participants for employment marketing and provide job search assistance and marketing support.
- Identify appropriate job leads and assist clients to access the hidden job market; support transition into employment; liaise with employers in order to generate employment leads.
- Market wage subsidy and non-wage subsidy employer services.
- Negotiate and prepare wage subsidy agreements, prepare employer documents and other required documents as needed.
- Attend local tradeshows/conferences, networking opportunities and other community events.
- Provide ongoing follow-up support to clients and employers, as needed.
- Enter all program notes and job development activities into appropriate database; maintain up-to-date employer and client databases.
- Ensure all reporting for the program and other information pertaining to client documentation are completed on time and maintained in adherence to policies and procedures.
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma in Social Sciences or a related field and/or CDP Certificate OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is asset.
- Previous experience working in employment programs and/or working with people with disabilities and other barriers to employment is an asset.
- Strong sales and marketing experience is an asset.
- Understanding of labour market and employment needs is required.
- Must have valid BC driver’s license and use of a motor vehicle.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check is a requirement.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to work with clients with disabilities utilizing a result-oriented focus combined with patience.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and overcome the challenges associated with working with multi-barriered clients.
- Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible, creative and able to deal effectively with transition.
- Organized and able to work with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong administration, computer and technical skills including MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must adhere to project outcomes, objectives, milestones and policies of the organization to ensure success.
- Work Schedule – Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Salary range: Competitive with market
- Posting Closing Date: ASAP
How to ApplyPlease forward a resume and cover letter indicating Job Developer to the attention of Director of Employment Programs. Email resume or fax resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 604-473-9361 Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply.
45 total views, 1 today