Temporary Manager, Baggage Operations – Baggage Operations Department (Term)
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a full-time acting assignment/term opportunity (to December 31, 2018) for a Manager, Baggage Operations. Leading a crew of multi-skilled tradespeople in the maintenance and repair of YVR baggage system assets for the airport’s continued, safe and 24/7 availability, the successful candidate will also maintain and build the safety culture by implementing safe work practices and observing compliance to minimize liability. Reporting to the Director, Baggage Operations, they will also liaise and maintain a customer relationship with airport stakeholders to provide the baggage product.
Key responsibilities include:
- Directing and overseeing planned and unplanned work by prioritizing jobs and managing labour resources
- Communicating and coordinating with stakeholders, such as other Airport Authority departments, airlines, ground handlers, tenants and contractors, to identify, correct and provide feedback on repair needs
- Leading a diverse team of dedicated multi-trade, multi-skilled employees, and providing support and direction by: monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
- Observing and reviewing safe working practices to comply with standards and regulations
- Administer apprenticeship program
- Continuously seeking ways to improve the baggage product and operations by identifying system and process enhancements
- Establishing defined service metrics and delivering on baggage product performance
- Managing and reporting on operating budgets
- Providing contract and vendor management
Key qualifications include:
- BC Trade Qualification, supplemented by at least 10 years’ professional (journeyperson level) trade experience and two years’ supervisory experience (preferably in a unionized environment)
- Broad knowledge of all trade skillsets and disciplined and in-depth knowledge of conveying systems, hydraulic systems, lighting circuits, high voltage, PLCs and industrial automation equipment
- Demonstrated experience managing capital and operating budgets
- Proven high level of independent judgment
- Ability to collaborate with peers, customers and service providers in order to provide 24×7 service and remediation when required
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills in order to prioritize with in a complex portfolio
This position is open to both Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities
48 total views, 1 today