Full-Time Manager, Commercial Services (Parking and Ground Transportation) – Commercial Services Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Commercial Services (Parking and Ground Transportation (PGT)). Reporting to the Director, Commercial Services, PGT, the successful candidate will manage business development and revenue generation for the Parking and Ground Transportation business at the Airport.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributes to the development of the strategic plan both in the long and short-term allowing the department to meet its goals related to revenue generation, operational efficiency and innovation, and customer experience
- Negotiates contracts and leases with key business partners creating win/win scenarios and robust agreements
- Develops and presents business cases for new or complimentary services in the PGT area
- Working with engineering and project management leads, provides business owner input and expertise in the design and planning of new PGT facilities
- Provides support and direction to the PGT team – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
- Monitors PGT revenues and employs yield management techniques and practices to maximize income
- Reports on revenue and operational performance and provides variance explanation and mitigation plans
- Remains current on all relevant innovations and trends related to PGT services both within the Airport sector and beyond to proactively identify opportunities and respond accordingly
- With a view to maximizing yields and customer experiences, consistently reviews the business with a focus on continual improvement
Key qualifications include:
- 10 years’ recent and related experience in planning, business development and negotiation with at least 5 years’ supervisory experience supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience preparing and presenting business cases and rationale to senior management
- Experience dealing with lease tenants and negotiating contracts and agreements
- Demonstrated program management and implementation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation experience
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills and proven experience managing and coaching teams for high performance
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This position is open to Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, shortlisted candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
96 total views, 1 today