Full-Time Manager, Emergency Planning – Airport Operations Department
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Emergency Planning in the Airport Operations Department. Reporting to the Director, Security, the successful candidate will lead the team responsible for the administration of the Emergency Management Plan, establishing guidelines and procedures to support the airport’s response to all anticipated types of emergencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring YVR meets all regulations and policies applicable to emergency planning and facility life-safety systems
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, including businesses operating on Sea Island, and in particular, those that provide life safety services
- Managing and leading emergency planning initiatives and projects such as legislated major training/simulation exercises
- Chairing and participating in committees, working groups and meetings with key stakeholders and business partners
- Ensuring legislated document requirements are met, including reviewing and improving upon YVR Operations Directives and Plans
- Supporting corporate-wide activities related to the implementation of the Authority’s Business Continuity Planning framework
- Providing support and direction to a dedicated team of employees – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
Key qualifications include:
- Five years’ recent, related progressive experience in a leadership role within an operational environment, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in public safety, public administration, business continuity or a related field or a three-year degree in life safety disciplines; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Extensive knowledge of: multi-agency, full-scale emergency exercise and simulation planning and delivery; disaster planning and response; Safety Management Systems; and aircraft operating guidelines and procedures
- Proven sound judgment and decision making skills needed to manage operational and emergency situations
- Demonstrated ability to assess risks and threats according to defined protocols and procedures
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including meeting facilitation and public speaking
- Solid project management skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
How to ApplyApply online at http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities
71 total views, 1 today