Full-Time Manager, Supply Management – Stores and Inventory
YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Supply Management. Reporting to the Director, Supply Management, the successful candidate will plan and implement inventory, logistics and materials management services for the Airport Authority in a fiscally responsible manner that is aligned with corporate
goals. They will establish and continuously improve warehousing practices and programs, while collaborating with internal customers to ensure operational needs are met.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing support and direction to a team of five Stockkeepers and two Buyer Analysts – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
• Overseeing the receipt of inbound goods and distribution of these goods to various satellite stores and central store
• Managing the daily picking of stock to replenish the satellite stores and kitting of stock for various routine work order activities
• Monitoring the inventory levels of over 6,000 Stocking Keeping Units (SKUs) and forecasting the upcoming demand of these SKUs in order to effectively store and distribute as needed
• Assisting in the development of contract performance metrics to ensure suppliers’ lead times are being managed and inspecting product quality to ensure YVR achieves its total cost of ownership
• Overseeing the internal mail delivery for the various YVR locations
• Assisting in developing logistics policies and mapping these processes to promote best practices, while balancing customer service levels and cost
Key qualifications include:
• At least 5 years’ experience managing a team within a multi-site distribution network, as well as 5 years’ progressive experience in supply chain/logistics, supplemented by an undergraduate degree in a business-related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Leading, coaching and mentoring a team to supports a multi-location area that operates 24-hours per day, seven days per week • CPIM or SCMP designation, would be an asset
• Strong understanding of commercial terms in freight terms and agreements
• Competency with major ERP and SCM system tools
• Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, finance functions, signing authorities and general business concepts
• Ability to use stores equipment including forklifts
• Valid BC driver’s license with a clean driving record
• A Parts and Warehousing Ticket issued through the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program, would be an asset
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152
or firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
How to ApplyReference no.: 18-68 Application deadline: July 17, 2018 To apply: Visit http://www.yvr.ca > Careers > Current Opportunities
286 total views, 1 today