Full-Time Master corporate communications
Kinder Morgan Canada has created an environment where original thinking and the broad application of experience are encouraged. We seek candidates who wish to expand their horizons, who will thrive in our open style management, while sharing our commitment to pipeline safety, environmental responsibility and organizational excellence. We are poised for a future dominated by expansion, activity and excitement.
Are you an individual that has been looking for an opportunity where you will be able to take the lead? Where the opportunity exists to expand your career? If you have a combination of pipeline industry experience, technical expertise, successful delivery of projects and excellent communications skills, you are definitely someone we want to talk to.
This position is responsible for managing complex external and internal communication mandates for a publicly traded company in respect of three Canadian business units. This includes communications planning and strategy formulation, such as corporate identity and branding; stakeholder outreach; digital and social media strategy and internal communications. As a corporate communications expert, this position supports not only external activities but provides internal client support to groups such as Operations and Human Resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the corporate communications strategy, ensuring alignment with Kinder Morgan’s business objectives and in response to emerging priorities in respect of all Canadian business units (Pipelines, Products Pipelines and Terminals).
- Develop and oversee corporate communications policy and procedures for KML. Includes corporate identity and branding; website design and social media as well as a digital strategy supporting external and internal communications requirements.
- Monitoring and evaluation of media and the marketplace to ensure external relations initiatives are effective and contributing to our business success. Includes liaising with industry and business associations to influence business success and represent KML’s interests with the media and external contacts.
- Act as media spokesperson for KM Canada.
- Coordinate External Relations participation in National Energy Board required Emergency Exercises working alongside Operations. Ensuring effective communication to the media and communities of these activities.
- Provides leadership and communications expertise on public notifications on all assets.
- Coordinates with TMEP Stakeholder Engagement and Communications team (SE&C) to ensure corporate and project priorities align.
- Develop and manage the budget process for all of the KMC External Relations expenditures and assets.
- University degree
- 10 to 15 years experience, 5 years in a publicly traded company
- Experience with:
- System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR)
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Media Relations including acting as corporate spokesperson
- Training and experience in digital media including social and web design
- Responsible for leading corporate communications
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated decision making ability.
- Strong leadership skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online https://www.kindermorgan.com/work/kmc_careers/
|Job ID #: 15779|
60 total views, 1 today