Temporary Paralegal Secretary
Kinder Morgan Canada has created an environment where original thinking and the broad application of experience are encouraged. We seek candidates who wish to expand their horizons, who will thrive in our open style management, while sharing our commitment to pipeline safety, environmental responsibility and organizational excellence. We are poised for a future dominated by expansion, activity and excitement.
Are you an individual that has been looking for an opportunity where you will be able to take the lead? Where the opportunity exists to expand your career? If you have a combination of pipeline industry experience, technical expertise, successful delivery of projects and excellent communications skills, you are definitely someone we want to talk to.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, this position could be of interest to Legal Assistants and Paralegals and will be responsible for providing Paralegal and Legal assistance to an in house legal counsel team in the areas of legal research, contract and document administration. This will include all support work related to board meetings and filing of Canadian public company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Administration for the legal department, duties include tracking budgets, expense preparation, ensuring invoices are correct, coded and sent for approval and payment.
- Legal research, review particular statutes and provide a summary of the research for the review of the Assistant General Counsel Lawyers.
- Responsible for document control primarily legal contracts, duties include filling, storage, retrieval, and sharing.
- Responsible for document preparations and review. Documents include: letters, agreements, presentations and spreadsheets as well as proxy statement and other fillings related to a public company.
- Coordination of internal meetings including board meetings, shareholder meetings, lunches, and presentations. Work with other Executive Assistance to coordinate schedules and materials, and supporting other administrative assistants, managers, field advisors and staff that might be involved in these meetings.
- Organize events including itinerary, external meetings, planning logistics and interaction and booking venues
- Provide support around the following processes: stock transfers and dividends, securities market listings and compliance with listing standards, compliance with federal and provincial board governance laws, governance liaison for officers and directors and engaging
Diploma in either Paralegal or Legal Assistant / Administration is required and a university degree would be a benefit
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- Analytical, problem solving skills
- Management and organizational skills
- IT familiarity
- An understanding of the legal system as it affects business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A thorough understanding of a company’s business
- Working knowledge of corporate and securities law
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online: https://www.kindermorgan.com/work/kmc_careers/
|Job ID #: 15932|
49 total views, 1 today