Full-Time Printing Press Assistant Operator (NOC #7381)
BEST COLOR PRESS LTD
1728 E. Kent Ave South, Vancouver, BC, V5P 2S7
Invites applications from suitable qualified persons for the position of:
Printing Press Assistant Operator (NOC #7381) (1 vacancy)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent, Full Time (Overtime, Day, Night, Evening, Shift, Weekend)
Day Shift : 7:30 am – 4:15 pm Monday to Friday
Evening shift : 4:15 pm – 1:00 am Monday to Friday
Wage information: $25 or more Hourly, for 30 Hours per week (wage is negotiable); Evening Shift with allowance of $10 per day; Extended health care beneﬁt after 6 months of employment. Anticipated Start Date: September 02, 2019 Business address/Location of work: 1728 E. Kent Ave South, Vancouver, BC, V5P 2S7 Work Location Information: Urban area Location of work: South Vancouver, BC Work Setting: Commercial printing facility – For our company information, please visit our website : www.bestcolorpress.com Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation required
Skill Requirements: Education: Completion of secondary school required; Completion of a college program in printing technology or a combination of on-the-job training and specialized high school, college or industry would be an asset. Experience: At least one year of experience working on printing press. Languages: Speak English, Read English (Cantonese / Mandarin speaking an asset) Weight Handling: Up to 20kg (50 lbs)
- Assist the pressman to operate the printing press
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, paper stock specifications, or special printing instructions;
- Set up press and pull press sheets to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Monitor regular press runs for quality and consistency using computer control console and make adjustments as required;
- Maintain time or production records; Monitor environmental factors, such as humidity and temperature, that may impact equipment performance and make necessary adjustments
- Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages;
- Monitor inventory levels on a regular basis, ordering or requesting additional supplies, as necessary
- Load printing plates, blankets, press pack into the printing press.
- Secure printing plates and/or blankets to printing units and adjust tolerances and make necessary adjustments;
- Change press plates, blankets, or press pack, as required
- Mixes inks and load into the press.
- Fill ink fountains and take measurements, make adjustments and determine settings to control colour and viscosity;
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates;
- Loading Paper
- Unpack paper from pallets, load into the printing press feeding tray and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size; paper size is upto 28 x 40 inches in size.
- Pushes load from roller platform onto feeding hoist and from the press to the warehouse.
- Observes feeding operation and stops feeder mechanism to remove defective sheets.
- Check if there is any problem in the paper feeder during the operation and adjust feed and tension control
- Operate cutter to cut setup paper when needed
- Press wash, clean up and maintenance
- Clean ink fountains, plates, or printing unit cylinders when press runs are completed
- Remove and clean plates and blankets at end of press run
- Change filters, ink foils and wash up blades regularly
- Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for! We thank all applicants however only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
109 total views, 1 today