Full-Time Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)/Disability Tax Credit (DTC) Program Advocate
Access RDSP is a Disability Alliance BC (DABC) program in partnership with Plan Institute and the BC Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS). This program is part of the financial literacy arm of our Advocacy Access Program.
Working with our program partners, and building on our work with the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) and Disability Tax Credit (DTC), the objective of this program is to promote the RDSP across BC and assist British Columbians with disabilities to access the DTC and open an RDSP.
DABC is seeking a RDSP/DTC Advocate for our Access RDSP program. The Advocate will work one-on-one to help people with disabilities apply for the DTC and learn about the RDSP. The Advocate will also help raise awareness about the RDSP through community outreach and workshops. The successful applicant will also have some administrative responsibilities associated with the day-to-day operation of the program. The position will be based out of DABC’s Vancouver office but may require occasional travel to other BC communities.
The successful applicant must:
- Have a minimum 2 years combined post-secondary education and/or applicable work experience
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex concepts in plain language
- Be available for occasional travel to communities across BC
- Be able to work effectively with people with disabilities
- Be self-motivated, adaptable, and able to work effectively with a team
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Be computer literate and proficient with word-processing software
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive client information
The following are strong assets for this position:
- Knowledge of DTC and RDSP eligibility rules
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Proficiency in social media
- Experience with a disability and/or supporting people with disabilities
How to ApplyPlease submit a resume and brief covering letter addressed to Sam Turcott, Advocacy Access Director. No phone calls or faxes please. Apply online at https://charityvillage.com/jobs/search-results/job-detail.aspx?id=368909&l=2 Applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m. September 13th, 2017. DABC welcomes all applications, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted late September and the position start date will be mid-October 2017.
34 total views, 1 today