Employer: Vancouver Royal Tours – Burnaby, B.C.
Well established travel agency in Burnaby area is currently hiring an experienced Secretary, who is competent and strong in managing schedules and databases.
We are seeking someone who will need to explain and promote the tour packages in Western Canada to International tourism partners (in BC & Overseas). Since many of my partners are from, overseas, such as Europe and Asia, along with a relevant work experience and strong English ability, a candidate should be able to speak additional language, including Chinese, German, Japanese and Korean.
Acts as a Secretary dealing all of our Supervisor Teams’ (CEO & Tour Guide Supervisors) schedules with partner companies, from time to time, he/she will organize all the events supported by Vancouver Royal Tours on behalf of our company.
In facing of the growth tourism in B.C. regions, this position of Secretary is expected to grow into an Advertising Consultant (Managerial Position) within 2 years.
Salary: $23.00 / hourly for 35-40 hours per week (Depending on work experience)
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
Starting Date of Employment: As Soon As Possible
Position Available: 1
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacation per year
Employment Conditions: Overtime, Day, Night, Evening, Weekend
– Successfully completed at least secondary education [graduated from high school] either within or outside of Canada. You will need to submit a copy [in English] of your highest-level diploma, certificate, degree, or transcript.
– One or two-year Post-secondary education for administrative assistants or secretaries or equivalent previous experience is required.
– Substantial work experience as a Secretary is preferred.
– Ability to deal with compiling data, business partners’ information to support Vancouver Royal Tours’ research activities.
– If a candidate’s first language is not English, he/she needs to proof his / her English ability through submitting official English Exam scores, such as CELPIP & TOELF & IELTS & TOEIC.
– A good working knowledge of foreign languages ‘possessing a license is definitely a strong asset’ for this position.
– Domestic and international travel is required.
– Along with supervisors, plan and develop tour programs; support our teams’ meeting with business partners’ go smoothly; Seek out new business suppliers (agencies in Tourism Industry, schools, tour providers, “social venues, etc); Support CEO’s documentation works to negotiate contracts with suppliers in overseas; Make sure all travel arrangements run according to plan; Record and report issues that my require follow-up after the tour; Support all staff by prioritizing and responding promptly to requests
How to ApplyPlease e-mail us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of; Full-Time Secretary Position. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted. Inquiries: e-mail only please. **Vancouver Royal Tours hire on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority**
37 total views, 1 today