Temporary Senior Health and Safety Inspector
Kinder Morgan Canada is seeking a Senior Health and Safety Inspector for the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project (TMEP). In operation since 1953, the Trans Mountain Pipeline spans 1,150 kilometers from Edmonton, Alberta to Burnaby, British Columbia with a capacity of the 300,000 barrels per day. Kinder Morgan Canada recently affirmed the Final Investment Decision and announced its plans to proceed with its proposed expansion of the existing Trans Mountain Pipeline system. TMEP is approximately a $7.4B project to increase the capacity of the Trans Mountain Pipeline System by completing the twinning of the existing pipeline.
Reporting to the TMEP Health and Safety Lead, TMEP Senior Health and Safety Inspector will be responsible for the safety auditing and oversight of small and large Contractors. The role primarily includes ensuring key health and safety deliverables are meeting targets and that documented health and safety plans are compliant with internal and external requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all regulatory requirements including those of National Energy Board and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety are met
- Ensure that the TMEP Health and Safety Management Plan in all aspects is implemented, managed and followed through on by all Contractors
- Ensure that the TMEP Emergency Response Plan in all aspects is implemented, managed and followed through on by all Contractors
- Work with Project Managers and other Senior Project personnel to ensure a consistent approach to safety is taken on all pipeline spreads and/or at all facilities
- Work with TMEP representative and Contractor Health and Safety site personnel to ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly understood
- Work with Senior Contractor Health and Safety corporate personnel to ensure that health and safety goals and objectives are met and corrective action plans are implemented as required
- Track and identify leading and lagging health and safety indicators and implement corrective action plans as required
- Develop a schedule for and ensure internal health and safety audits are completed for all Contractors on a defined basis
- Develop a schedule for, and ensure, with assistance from Kinder Morgan corporate Contractor safety team, internal and external health and safety audits are completed for all Contractors on a defined basis
- Compile daily reports from TMEP site personnel and Contractor corporate & site personnel into weekly and monthly reports for Senior Project Management
- Provide TMEP oversight for major incidents and ensure timely investigation and reporting to TMEP Senior personnel
- Take a proactive approach to risk management to ensure project risks are identified, mitigated, and managed
- Liaise with other Project Safety Managers and Senior Safety Professionals as required to ensure co-ordination, consistency, and compatibility of safety management systems
- Co-ordinate reviews with Operations during critical stages of the design phase and ensure safety execution strategies are clearly understood.
- Safety Certification from an accredited institute
- At least 15 years as a safety professional with at least 10 years in a senior leadership role.
- An applicable University degree in the Health and Safety field or a CRSP or CSP designation is desirable
- Successful applicant is expected to obtain all required training prior to starting work or as required prior to accessing a specific site.
- Project management experience for major construction working on active facilities and public roadways
- Work with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online: https://www.kindermorgan.com/work/kmc_careers/ Job ID #: 15930
76 total views, 1 today