Temporary Senior I.T. Customer Support Analyst
Kinder Morgan Canada is seeking a Senior I.T. Customer Support Analyst for the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project (TMEP). In operation since 1953, the Trans Mountain Pipeline spans 1,150 kilometers from Edmonton, Alberta to Burnaby, British Columbia with a capacity of the 300,000 barrels per day. Kinder Morgan Canada recently affirmed the Final Investment Decision and announced its plans to proceed with its proposed expansion of the existing Trans Mountain Pipeline system. TMEP is approximately a $7.4B project to increase the capacity of the Trans Mountain Pipeline System by completing the twinning of the existing pipeline.
Reporting to the TMEP IT Project Manager, will be responsible to support the company’s complex computing infrastructure and computerized business solutions by maintaining high availability and productivity of related equipment and systems, blending user interaction with technology services in order to maintain a competitive market advantage for Kinder Morgan and its employees.
This role will support TMEP’s employees and their use of desktop technologies, maintaining high availability and productivity through personal computers, hardware, software and other required IT assets. Telephone skills will be required to troubleshoot and resolve difficult problems related to PC hardware, software and peripherals from both internal and external customers. The job requires a good understanding of Windows operating system, PC peripherals, LAN/WAN and the ability to perform basic Microsoft Server administrative tasks, including creating users, modifying group memberships and assigning rights.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide telephone support for problem resolution relating to both technology and software applications.
- Will interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Provide user training and support for developed applications.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Analyze information flow and reporting needs, working with clerical staff and management.
- Maintain database and spreadsheet applications to accommodate information gathering and reporting.
- Assist with integration of data where appropriate into KM systems.
- Monitor effectiveness of overall office automation and user knowledge to increase efficiency and productivity of staff and management.
- Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for changing/managing tapes on a daily basis for the server team.
- Interaction with access control systems, SQL server, card readers, panels and boards.
- Troubleshoot DVR and video monitoring software and hardware.
- Familiar with Video, Audio and collaboration systems, on premise and cloud.
- Support and maintenance of meeting software and recording hardware.
- Assisting with hardware problems on the HMI and Industrial control network.
- Maintain and troubleshoot IP Telephone and radio systems.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the general public.
- Information Technology Associates Degree or current MCSE with 5 to 6 years of recent experience in a field support role.
- Experience/specific knowledge
- Windows Server OS
- Desktop OS (Linux and Windows)
- Office 20XX Products.
- Mobile Device Support (Android and IOS)
- Citrix (Thin deployment methodologies)
- MS Terminal Server
- Dell, HP, MS Surface Pro, Apple (MAC), Toshiba and Ricoh hardware/equipment/Printer
- MS SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Management of Print Queues and minor printer trouble shooting
- Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Exposure to ticket tracking software.
- FCC radio frequencies and Marine channel licenses.
- PBX/ IP Tel experience is a plus
- MCSE certification is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus.
- A+ certification is a plus
- A strong customer service attitude and desire to assists others is essential.
- Must have proven organizational, administrative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be accountable and take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Dependability and the ability to work under pressure, while meeting critical time frames, are required.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Maintenance of confidentiality is mandatory and the ability to handle and complete multiple tasks/projects is critical.
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Understanding of:
- Routers, Switches, and Wireless Access Points
- LAN/WAN technologies
- Fiber optic cable troubleshooting
- Encrypted radio’s and Radio over IP
- Internet technologies – Connection, Protocols, Browsing, E-Mail, Security, UTP Ethernet
- Cabling standard and termination
- Access control systems and security camera
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online at https://www.kindermorgan.com/work/careers/job_postings.aspx
32 total views, 1 today