Temporary Simulations Specialist
Kinder Morgan Canada has created an environment where original thinking and the broad application of experience are encouraged. We seek candidates who wish to expand their horizons, who will thrive in our open style management, while sharing our commitment to pipeline safety, environmental responsibility and organizational excellence. We are poised for a future dominated by expansion, activity and excitement.
Are you an individual that has been looking for an opportunity where you will be able to take the lead? Where the opportunity exists to expand your career? If you have a combination of pipeline industry experience, technical expertise, successful delivery of projects and excellent communications skills, you are definitely someone we want to talk to.
The Pipeline Simulation Specialist is primarily responsible for the development, maintenance and testing of KMC’s Computational Pipeline Monitoring (CPM) systems which include leak detection, batch and anomaly tracking, pressure monitoring, terminal management and trainer/simulator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain Computational Pipeline Monitor (CPM) systems aimed at protecting people, environment, and assets.
- Configure and troubleshoot OPC servers that are dedicated to the CPM systems.
- Develop CPM training material for the Control Center Operators and provide that training.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the CPM systems including sensitivity testing by implementing fluid withdrawal and simulated leak tests.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements to the CPM systems, pipeline operations and field instrumentation.
- Analyze field instrumentation performance and work with field technicians to resolve instrumentation issued.
- Provide 24×7 CPM application support and also support the Control Centre Operator’s in resolving issues with the CPM systems, also shares in the S & SC group’s on-call rotation,
- Develop and maintain leak detection manuals and technical documentation.
- Assist in ensuring that leak detection systems are in compliance with all applicable regulations.
University degree in Science or Engineering.
- 2 –5 years experience developing and maintaining computer simulations.
- Knowledge of pipeline leak detection, hydraulics and operation.
- Experience working with real-time software.
- Experience developing and delivering technical training to non-technical personnel.
- Experience with high level programing languages.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
How to ApplyApply online: https://www.kindermorgan.com/work/kmc_careers/ Job ID #: 15865
104 total views, 1 today