Temporary Success By 6® Aboriginal Early Years Coordinator- North Central BC
Are you a proven leader with core strengths and experience working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to support Aboriginal early childhood development? Are you a self-starter with a strong commitment to early childhood development and have the personality to build grassroots networks, coalitions, collaborations and partnerships within communities?
United Way of Northern BC (UWNBC) is seeking a professional Success By 6® Aboriginal Early Years Coordinator.
The Success By 6® Aboriginal Early Years Coordinator is responsible for implementing the strategic priorities of the North Central Region of BC and Success By 6® community development deliverables in the geographic area of Prince George, Vanderhoof, Quesnel, Burns Lake, Fraser Lake, Ft St James, Mackenzie and the Robson Canoe Valleys.
The Coordinator will provide leadership to effect positive change in the growth, development and learning of Aboriginal children ages 0-6, and their families. This includes leadership for a community collaboration which brings together Aboriginal early childhood development (EDC) leadership with community stakeholders from business, health, education, labour, government, faith and cultural groups, along with ECD service providers.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor in a child related field or equivalent experience and/or knowledge.
• Experience working within Indigenous communities and with cultural protocols.
• Experience in community development, project management and group facilitation with effective written and verbal communications and public speaking skills.
• Proven experience in collective strategic planning for a region of this size is an asset.
• Previous fundraising, grant proposal writing, marketing and media experience would be preferred.
• This position requires travel, current and valid BC drivers’ license and your own reliable transportation.
• Proficient with computers and standard office software.
This Term position is funded by annually renew of funding for that given year. Any renewal is dependant upon receiving funding each year and at the discretion of UWNBC and lead partners.
The Aboriginal Early Years Coordinator is a deliverable based contract, paid by monthly retainer.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter along with your resume to Sandra Sasaki, Early Years Regional Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about UWNB and SBY6 see www.unitedwaynbc.ca Closing date for this posting - Sept 18th 2017 at 12:00 noon
41 total views, 1 today