Full-Time Tour Guide Supervisor
Employer: Vancouver Royal Tours
Well established travel agency since 2003 in Burnaby area is currently hiring an experienced Tour Guide Supervisor, who is competent and strong in customer service skills.
We are seeking someone who will need to explain and promote the tour packages in Western Canada to International tourism partners [in B.C. & Overseas]. Since many of our partners are from overseas, such as Europe and Asia, along with a strong English ability, a candidate must have a previous work experience as a tour guide supervisor. Acts as a supervisor, he / she will directly supervise 3 to 4 tour guides at Vancouver Royal Tours.
In facing of the growth tourism in B.C. regions, this person of Tour Guide Supervisor is expected to grow into a managerial position within 2 years.
Wage: $19.50 – $21.50 (Depending on work experience)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Date of Employment: As Soon As Possible
Position Available: 1
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacations per year
Work Location: #207-4501 North Rd, Burnaby, B.C. V3N 4R7, Canada
- Successfully completed at least secondary education [graduated from high school] either within or outside of Canada. You will need to submit a copy [in English] of your highest- level diploma, certificate, degree, or transcript;
- Post-secondary education in related field [preferred, but not essential];
- Since this is not an entry position, at least 1 year of previous work experience in related to Tour Guide Supervisor is required;
- Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner;
- Working knowledge of English ability required in order to promote our travel packages to our partners and international tourists;
- Domestic and International travel is required;
- Able to deal calmly with emergencies; Attention to detail, combination of sitting, standing, walking.
- Make schedule for tour guides and establish activities procedure;
- Seek out both local and international business suppliers [hotels, transportation services, tour providers];
- Co-operate with tourists to determine their needs, and advise them appropriate destination in Canada, modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations;
- Monitor and solve problems between departments in a calm manner and prepare reports to the president;
- Place order for necessary job related materials and make arrangement for repair or re-purchase;
- Strength the knowledge about the historical places in Canada, and possess the information regarding the facts of the historical events and dates of Canada.
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of: Attention Kwenki Kim – Full-time Tour Guide Supervisor Position. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
**Vancouver Royal Tours hire on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority**
102 total views, 1 today