Copywriter and multimedia/print designer
- Spectrum Ability
I specialize in: copywriting for print, online, web, and video; instructional design; and desktop publishing.
University of British Columbia – Vancouver, BC – 2009
Bachelor of Arts: English Literature
- Specialized in educational writing, online content, and scripting for film/radio.
Spectrum Ability – Surrey, BC – 2016-pres.
Founder and Executive Producer
- Wrote, filmed and edited educational resources about disabilities for learners and teachers.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operation, as sole proprietor.
Insight Ability – Richmond, BC – 2016-pres.
Co-Founder and Disability Awareness Trainer
- Provided disability awareness seminars and accessibility assessments for businesses.
Wheelin’ Mobility – Richmond, BC – 2016-pres.
Service Technician and Marketing Associate
- Managed cruise ships’ wheelchair rentals at the Port of Vancouver.
- Copy-wrote for sales and service flyers, brochures, and web and social media content.
- Provided and maintained customer service, including with repairs, sales, and service.
Rick Hansen Foundation – Richmond, BC – 2013–2016
Production Assistant and Marketing Specialist
- Designed stewardship reports, proposals, fundraising campaigns, and school lessons
- Wrote and managed web content, and managed the firstname.lastname@example.org email inbox.
- Designed the interface of the Planat accessibility app, using best practices in web accessibility.
Sam Sullivan Disability Foundation – Vancouver, BC – 2012–2014
ConnecTra Community Connector
- Recruited 50 people with disabilities for a job skills development program.
Bae-Moon Middle School (배문중학교) – Seoul, South Korea – 2009–2010
English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Instructor
- Taught English immersion classes to nearly 1,000 students.
- Designed lessons and provided professional development to other instructors.
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere
- MS Office – Excel including graphs and charts, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Accessible design – for the built environment, printed media, and technology
- Web content management – HTML, Bootstrap 3.0, DNN, Wordpress
- Social media – Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube
- copywriting, education, graphic design, marketing, multimedia, writing
- Cantonese, English
333 total views, 2 today